Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Randy! We have a Kenmore stove, probably 10 years old.

Customer Question

Hello Randy! We have a Kenmore stove, probably 10 years old. Basic gas model, no fancy operations, just knobs and a clock. There is a hissing sound coming from the bottom back of the stove. Here's the kicker...the gas is off, the electricity is unplugged and the gas company just came out to check and found everything working fine with no gas leak. ?????? What could this be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Well if the unit is unplugged and the gas is off to the appliance.
It is not the appliance that is making the noise!!
Nothing in the appliance will run with out electricity or gas.
Now that is not saying that the hissing is not coming FROM the appliance just that the noise is not THE appliance.
You may have some kind of critter that has made their home inside the appliance or even behind the appliance.
You or some one will have to do a thorough inspection to see what is making the hissing sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Well after more inspection, it appears the hissing noise is emanating from under the floor tiles?? It's constant and steady. I don't even know who to call about this. It doesn't seem to be the stove but the noise is so difficult to pinpoint. This seems beyond your realm of Internet help. I guess I need someone to come out and figure out what it is.
First off are you in a single family home? do you have anyone living below you as if in an apartment .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes a single family home. Slab construction. After some Googling I am actually afraid it's a water leak in the slab. I suppose a call to the plumber is in order right away.
Yes if you have a slab construction ,that is what I recommend .
Good luck!
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.
And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.