The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a GE model GMR04AAMBBB minifride. I need to calibrate

Customer Question

I have a GE model GMR04AAMBBB minifride. I need to calibrate the thermostat so it will maintain a temp of 75 deg (not for food storage). where is the calibration screw? (if it has one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
Sorry. These units use a capillary tube thermostat and are not adjustable.
What you could do is use an HVAC thermostat and connect the refrigerator via a relay to the power source.

If there is anything else I can do for you, or you need additional information, just let me know. I will be happy to answer any follow up questions at no additional cost.

If I have answered your question please, select a positive rating at this time.
Please, understand that you have only made a good faith deposit with the promise that you will transfer a portion of it to my account for my time and knowledge answering your question.

If you do not click on a positive rating I am not compensated for answering your question and the web site retains the full amount of your deposit.

Thank you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**