Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GE washer Model WWA8320GALAD, Just replaced transmission

Customer Question

GE washer Model WWA8320GALAD, Just replaced transmission with factory rebuilt unit basket doesn't center in operation. Upper end of shaft is off center by more than 1/2 inch left to right when measured to from center of shaft to edge of tub. Does the transmission
have a specific indexing requirement? There were no installation instructions included with the transmission.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The basket is positioned on the hub, beyond that there is no other positioning. It may not be exactly centered and that is okay. The cement around the top of the tub can sometimes deform the metal. Unless it is rubbing, I would not be too concerned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no cement around the top of the tub and both the tub are perfectly round. From time to time hear rubbing or some other type of contact but see no evidence of contact. do see some evidence of wear on the gentle cycle solenoid, that is why I question positioning / indexing of the transmission