Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need to know how to remove the top and front of my Kenmore

Customer Question

I need to know how to remove the top and front of my Kenmore Gas, dryermodel #11074952300 so I access the drum.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So to remove the top and front panels you start at the lower front panel. There is a seam between the lower front panel and the upper front panel. Inside this seam are 2 hidden metal clips. Use a flat head screwdriver and slide it over top of these 2 hidden metal spring clips and pry down so that the lower front panel can unclip and hinge forward and down. Then you can remove the screws in the bottom right and left of the upper front panel. Next, unplug the the dryer if you haven't already. You'll need a putty knife to hinge the top panel up and backwards. There are 2 more clips between the top panel and the upper front panel about 3-4" from the side walls in the seam. Push back on these clips and the top panel will hinge up and backwards. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer on the right and left side going into the front panel. Remove these 2 screws and the front panel will pull off. Then you can disconnect the belt and pull the drum out. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?