Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The panel lights up but if I press it to start nothing hap

Customer Question

The panel lights up but if I press it to start nothing happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So to be clear, you can select all the different options and set the time for cooking and such, but when you press start nothing happens? Does the timer count down? Does the start button beep back at you when you press the button to indicate it knows you're pressing the button? etc....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screen is black
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so it's like you have no power going to the microwave at all right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged and rep lugged and panel lit up but not for long
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send someone to fix problem
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK understood. So that means that your panel is getting power but unfortunately it has failed. That is a very big issue with these GE LCD panel units because GE doesn't sell the parts separately for the control panel, it's all one assembly which is part number WB07X10972 and it costs about $600 so it may not be worth fixing, but if you did want to fix the issue and not replace the microwave, that is what you'd be looking at for the part along. The labor and trip would be another $150 or so through GE. If you wanted to call someone to fix it, GE's number is ***** but honestly most people I run into with this issue just replace the microwave due to the extreme cost of the repair. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please forget I will replace item. Thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK good luck to you and glad I could help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?