Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Sears dishwasher that I can't turn on. The green finish

Customer Question

I have a Sears dishwasher that I can't turn on. The green finish light just keeps blinking.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.Ok you need to try and reset the control board. Press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash"All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.If the control board doesn't reset, then it will just need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another. If the error does go away and comes back the next time you run a cycle then there may be a reason for it related to the water not heating, but for now just try to reset the board and you should be good to go again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Tyler, looks like I need a new control board. I'll call Sears in the morning.
Jeane checking problem for Deborah.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright, sorry about the bad news.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?