Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Subzero -36U/S/CH Not Making Ice When I opened the valve

Customer Question

Subzero BI-36U/S/CH Not Making Ice
When I opened the valve for the first time, the relay/solenoid made a noise like it was allowing water up the line, but it wasn't filling the tray?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to add that this frig was a used donation given to our church.
So it's been moved. Don't know if the ice maker ever worked
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The easiest way to test the ice maker is to manually fill the ice maker and see if it dumps ice cubes in a few hours. Of course, the freezer must be cold (at least 10* F or colder). If no ice in a few hours has dumped, the ice maker is probably faulty. If the cubes have dumped but ice maker did not fill back up, the valve has issues. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Will try that in the next few days
It sounds like the ice maker was calling for water and the electric valve sounded like it opened and water was going thru the
Line, but never reached the ice maker
History- The fridge was running for several months without the ice maker working. ( the inlet valve was shut)
I will install a new filter, and check the water fill spout that dumps water in the tray
Maybe it frosted up?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Be sure to see if the fill spout may be frozen shut near the ice maker, too. Let me know what you find.