Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler,I have an Amana Slide in gas range model #ARGS7650.

Customer Question

Hi Tyler,
I have an Amana Slide in gas range model #ARGS7650. It has twice stopped working in the middle of cooking, and then starts again much later. The technitian came out each time and adjusted the fan so that it comes on sooner (I think) so that the control panel wont overheat. After the second time, the technician did the same thing again and said that we might need a new control panel but these are no longer available. Is there a way that I can purchase a new control panel and have it on hand in case this happens again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So I agree that you just need a new control board. The part is no longer available and you can't make something new that isn't made anymore. The part number you need is 31944801. I wouldn't try to refurbish the board for this particular problem because there is really a low chance that refurbishing the board for this problem would fix the issue so I would buy an already refurbished board from some place like Appliancetimers.com. It appears as though they sell them for $156. Below is a link to where you can order it.CLICK HERE for control board
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?