How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 20098
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a old washing machine that is leaking from the bottom.

Customer Question

I have a old washing machine that is leaking from the bottom. can it be repaired. mod. wbse31201ww ser. ld178736g
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. So to start, a leak is always fixable it just depends on whether or not it's worth fixing. To know the answer to that question you'll need to take the washer apart and run it through a cycle to see where it's leaking from. To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will pull forward and hinge down so that you can remove it. Now just start a cycle and watch. If the leak is coming from a hose or drain pump, just tighten the clamp or replace the faulty part. If the leak is coming from the bottom of the tub itself, that wouldn't be worth fixing because that's an issue with the tub or main bearing and seal which is very expensive. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you requested a phone call so I'll send over that option now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can a service person come and evaluate the problem and tell me if it is worth fixing tor $45 I should get hands on advice
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I don't know of anyone that will come out to your house for $45. Typically you're looking about $100 just to have someone come out to your house so that they can remove the front panel and see where it's leaking from. That does not include the actual repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a phone number I can get with out a charge for some to come out and access the problem for about $100.00 fee.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Number 311 in the diagram at the URL below is the tub seal in the outer tub. That part is probably what is allowing the leak but, usually, the bearing fails when it is leaked on. This is not likely worth repairing considering the age of the machine. I would replace it.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!