Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm installing a Frigidaire 22000 btu ac unit, through

Customer Question

Hi: I'm installing a Frigidaire 22000 btu ac unit, through the wall. Actually over a storefront door. The framing guide says that the frame should be built out at 18 7/8" h and 26 3/4" w. I made the frame to these dimensions and went to install the cabinet. I have a 7/8" gap above the frame. Went and measured the unit and the case is actually 18", similar to the 18,500 btu models.
I'm assuming this is a mistake in the installation guide, no? Can't see any reason for a 7/8" gap above the case...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The wall sleeve dimensions will vary for each model and between brands. Frigidaire makes ACs that are branded many different ways. The sleeve size can change a bit between each brand. Are you sure you used the Frigidaire specs in the manual and not one of the other brands? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?