Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Dryer - Mod: MEDC200XW3 Type: DWSR-ELE-2406026-FM54No

Customer Question

Maytag Dryer - Mod: MEDC200XW3 Type: DWSR-ELE-2406026-FM54
No power. Outlet has power. I replaced the power cord to see it that would fix the issue and it did not.
What can I check next
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you're sure the dryer is getting 220 volts from your house, open the door and push on the door switch to see if it clicks. If it clicks then it's good, if not then you'll want to replace the door switch. Other than that, you likely just have a bad thermal fuse on the back of your dryer. Below is a video that shows you how to test and remove the fuse as well as a link to a new fuse if you need to order one. You'll need a multimeter to test the fuse or you can unplug the 2 wires to the fuse and put a jumper wire between the 2 wires that normally go to the fuse to bypass the fuse for testing, if you know how to do that. CLICK HERE for fuse CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.