Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Ge dishwasher model ZBD6880K03SS. The other night

Customer Question

I have a Ge dishwasher model ZBD6880K03SS. The other night we lost power for a sec and when I came downstairs in the morning I had a continuous beeping sound coming from the dishwasher. I had no light to the touch pad and it would not respond to anything i did. I've had to replace other parts before so I am familiar with the dishwasher. I took off the door and the alarm was coming from the control board on the right side of the dishwasher. On the board, there is a connector on the bottom right of the control board that goes to the blower motor and the detergent dispenser. If I disconnect this plug, it will stop the beeping. If I disconnect one or both of the black wires (ground wires) that each have their own connector to the center of the board it will stop beeping. It will NOT stop beeping if I disconnect the touchpad or any of the other connectors. This leads me to believe that the problem lies with either the blower motor, detergent dispenser, or control board. Any insight would be great.
Thanks!
Knoll
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention, if I disconnect the connections at the blower motor and/or the dish detergent dispenser it will not stop beeping. Only when I disconnect it from the board.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The constant beeping means that the dishwasher thinks the touch control panel is shorted. You will need to order and replace the touch control pad to fix the issue so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model and it costs about $100. Unplugging the touchpad won't stop the beeping either because it will just think it's still shorted since it's not connected. CLICK HERE for touchpad We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Why will the beeping stop when I disconnect the connector to the blower motor and the detergent dispenser?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you could have multiple things failing. Disconnect that wire harness and see if the touchpad will work normally. If not, you definitely still need a new touchpad. If the touchpad starts to work, then you need to unplug the dispenser individually and leave the blower motor plugged int and see if the beeping stops and the dishwasher is usable. If so, replace the dispenser, otherwise replace the blower motor.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?