Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have ge washer hyrdowave - will not agitate or spin. Washer fills, after few minutes, it d

Customer Question

have ge washer hyrdowave - will not agitate or spin. Washer fills, after few minutes, it drains not spins
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the first thing you'll need to do is remove the front panel of the washer and look on the top of the motor. Is there a red or green light flashing? If so, how many times does it flash? To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will pull forward and hinge down so that you can remove it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no red or green lights flashing or lit.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK if nothing on the top of the motor is flashing, you either have a bad motor assembly or sometimes GE will put a fuse in-line going to the motor. Attached is a picture of where the fuse would be located if you have a fuse on your series of model. If the fuse doesn't exist, you'd just need to replace the motor assembly. If you do have a fuse, you'll need to unwrap the protective cover and check to see if the fuse still has continuity through it. If not, then replace the fuse otherwise replace the motor still. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?