John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a refrigerator its keymore, date of fabrication is.

Customer Question

hi I have a refrigerator its keymore, date of fabrication is. 08/11. model #106.51183110 and the serial #HR13377808. problem is that the freezer area its not working need to know how to fix it. thanks so much.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, is the compressor running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so I just have to turn it on to the cooltes position to hear compressor coming on? cause the cold side door its working ok.

If the refrigerator is in cool mode, yes. If it's in defrost, it will not come on.
Have you removed the back panel inside the freezer and looked at the frost pattern on the evaporator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nop what shoul I check for? let me make sure its in cold mode. and the compressor should come on right away or every couple min?

Yes, once the compressor comes on check the frost pattern on the evaporator. Let is run for 10-15 with the back panel in place but unbolted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what do I need to unbolt it? the control for the freezer its electronic and its on 3 and I push the button to go higher and its not responding it says normal temp.

I have to log off. I'm putting your question back at the top of the list.
Thanks