Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Gas Cooktop Model GLS3665RS igniter is sparking continuous.

Customer Question

Gas Cooktop Model GLS3665RS igniter is sparking continuous. When I plug it in the fuse is blown
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So this issue means that one of your spark switches is shorting out behind one of your burner knobs. Most of the time when this happens, water works it way down into the switch below the knobs somehow and usually you just need to unplug the unit for 24 hours and it will dry out and start working normally again. If you unplug it for 24 hours and the issue still occurs when you plug it back in, then you need to replace the faulty spark switch. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.