Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model 665/72014- Oven will not light. Turn it to on position

Customer Question

Model 665/72014- Oven will not light. Turn it to on position and only clicking
from spark ignition. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. This has a very complex system with a DSI board (direct spark ignition board also called a spark module) which reads the gas valves coils and checks the resistance to make sure everything is good with the valve. This board also serves other functions like sends out the actual spark to light all the burners and cuts out the gas if it doesn’t detect the flame has ignited. If the system is working properly the bake and the broil will click three times when you turn the oven on. If you only hear one or two clicks, you have a bad DSI board or a bad gas valve. There are 3 terminals on the gas valve so you need to check the resistance from the top terminal to the middle terminal, and the middle terminal to the bottom terminal. You should get a reading of approximately 215 ohms. If you don’t get a reading within 10% of that number, you need to replace the valve because even though only one coil may be bad, the DSI board will stop all oven function as soon as it detects there is a problem with one of the coils.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?