Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch Dishwasher SHE3AR56UC/21. The door doesn't

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Dishwasher SHE3AR56UC/21. The door doesn't stay locked while washing and I don't have a manual. How do I set the Child Lock and will that keep the door closed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the door won't stay closed while washing, the child lock will do nothing to prevent it from popping open or stopping the cycle. The door can always be opened during a cycle by applying enough pressure on the door pulling it forward. Now if the door is popping open for no reason, make sure you don't have trim around the dishwasher pushing back on the door causing additional tension. If that checks good then your door latch at the top of your dishwasher frame is just not closing and holding the door properly so it will need to be replaced. The part is only about $15 but it will require you uninstalling the dishwasher and pulling it out about 12 inches to replace the latch on top. The part number you'd need to order for this model is 00630783. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?