Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The door to my new front loading washing machine a Whirlpool

Customer Question

The door to my new front loading washing machine a Whirlpool is locked. I cannot open it and need advice as to how to do this or a service person who will unlock the door.
My name is*****
7770 Shadow Hills Dr
Arlington TN 38002
(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
First, if you wanted to unlock the door yourself, I can explain to you how to do this. You need to pull the oven forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door. Now if you wanted to schedule service, you'd want to call whirlpool and see who is in your area. Their number is ***** We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer refers to two different appliances an oven, and a washer. Is this correct?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I just typed the word "oven" but I meant washer. Sorry about the confusion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I will try this if it doesn't work I will call for assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright no problem and again, I'm sorry about that confusion earlier.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?