Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The GE asw08fls1 window unit. No high power to it even though set on

Customer Question

the GE asw08fls1 window unit. No high power to it even though set on high fan. Cools well but just doesn't seem to blow the air. filter is clean. If it needs to be cleaned, how is that done? ty.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really should add that there is a subtle difference in the fan speeds but none are quite what they used to be. Seems to me that this is a fan issue exclusively then, but I do not have a clue how to troubleshoot.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The low air output may be related to the unit needing to be cleaned. You will need to remove the unit from the window and then take the outer metal wrapper off. Once that is off, you will have access to the shroud above the front and rear coils. That is where you will need to clean. If still no high air output, the switch may be faulty or the motor is having issues. I would start with cleaning first, though. Be very careful of the fins and make sure they don't get crushed and that they are clean on both sides.