Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Just tried to self-clean my GE model PGB930DET1WW and get the

Customer Question

Just tried to self-clean my GE model PGB930DET1WW and get the error message turn off surface burners. They are all off. We have turned off the breakers for a few minutes and we have reset it. Any other suggestions. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If all the burners are turned off and the cooktop is NOT sparking constantly, then your control board is just not sensing the burner switches properly. The entire display control board would need to be ordered and replaced since flipping the breaker for a few minutes didn't reset the electronics. The display board is part number WB27K10381 and costs about $200 if you wanted to fix it and get the self cleaning feature back. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.