Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag oven #MEW5530 quit working, no power at all. Power

Customer Question

My Maytag oven #MEW5530 quit working, no power at all. Power to the terminal is good.When I push the buttons on the hear a very weak, almost inaudible beep.Oven light doesn't work either.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So unfortunately there are no fuses that will cut out the control panel completely and stop it from illuminating which means that your display control board itself has failed and would need to be replaced. The control board for this model is no longer made so if you wanted to fix the issue you'd have to remove the display board and send it into a place like Appliancetimers.com to have the board refurbished. This process usually takes about 2 weeks or so and costs about $150-200 if you wanted to repair the oven, but I would say that you should probably consider replacing the unit if parts are beginning to become obsolete. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?