Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Yes I have a sub zero 700bf this unit is on a boat and when

Customer Question

Yes I have a sub zero 700bf this unit is on a boat and when I power cycle from shore power to generator or back the unit shuts down no interior light no light to control panel . A dim E3 appears on right side display. I have been turning off power to unit for say 20 min. Than it would restart all fine . Over loaded with food I think compressor stayed on too long . It stopped restarting so now I have removed all food and cleaned cooling fans . No frost visible .
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The dim display is indicative of control failure, likely the result of power supply issues. When you switch power sources, and small changes in voltage, especially lower than normal voltages, can cause issues with the electronics. I suspect the electronic control will need to be replaced. It is part number(###) ###-####
The breakdown is shown at the URL below.
https://www.certifiedapplianceparts.com/CSC/prodinfo/pdf/700Series/700BC-I-3%20--%20Parts%20List%20&%20Mechanical%20View.pdf