Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refrigerator freezer temperature has dropped from factory

Customer Question

My refrigerator freezer temperature has dropped from factory settings of 0 for freezer and 37 for refrigerator to lower temperatures and I don't know how to get them up again. When I reset they remain the same. I must be doing something wrong,Iwould appreciate any help you can give .
Thank you,
Judy Matlack ***@******.***
Model Gsh22JGDDWW
Serial FA210971
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The problem isn't changing the temperature, the problem is that your refrigerator isn't regulating the temperature properly. Once you move the display to 0 and 37, the display will revert back to the ACTUAL temperature so you can monitor the temperature as it goes to your set temperature. There is only one thing that would cause the refrigerator section to get too cold and that is your damper assembly. The damper assembly is the part that opens and closes to allow the air from the freezer to flow into the refrigerator to cool the refrigerator down. This is the part that regulates the temperature and it has the thermistor thermostat built into it as well. This part is located in the far back left corner of the refrigerator section up against the ceiling. Below is a link to the part you'l want to order and replace for your model number. CLICK HERE for damper assembly We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to regulate it myself before I heard back from you, the problem solver you gave me had nothing to do with the problem
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Have a nice day.