Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

New dishwasher installed 1 week ago and door does not latch...

Customer Question

new dishwasher installed 1 week ago and door does not latch... tried to reset by holding start button 3 seconds....never returns a zero for reset.....I have also tried to move through cycles, but nothing happens........I tried unplugging for an hour and still cannot use any of the button on front panel
model number SHE3ARF6UC/21
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the latch resets on it's own. Unfortunately, it's stuck in the closed position with the door opened. The door will need to be taken apart to replace the latch. You might be able to push the lock back to the home position from the inside but I would just replace it because it will happen again. When they come out make sure they bring a new lock for you.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you