Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Need to replace the ice maker on my RS265TDRS. Removed the

Customer Question

Need to replace the ice maker on my RS265TDRS. Removed the 7 screws. The unit seems like there's a clip or something holding it to the door. Did I miss something?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, did you get the old ice maker out yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I got the 7 screws out. There must be locking tabs or equivalent on the base plate. The bottom of the plate is free. There's something holding it halfway up
Have you removed the two screws that mount it to the wall?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I think you have the wrong ice maker. This mod ex l fridge has the icemaker in the door,not in the fridge cabinet. Four screws hold the baseplate on the door. Three screws hold the icemaker to the baseplate. There's a guy on YouTube that does the replacement in under 5 minutes keywords search RS265TDRS Replace ice maker. After the 7 screws come out, he says give it a pull. No way that pull works on my fridge. There has to be a couple of tabs that need to be released.
He's already loosened the plastic liner. The liner has tabs going around the inside of it. Use a small flat head and start one corner. He's already done this and not shown it.