Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I own a GE refrigerator model #PWE23KSDBSS. I have had it almost

Customer Question

I own a GE refrigerator model #PWE23KSDBSS. I have had it almost a year. I saw that the temperature of the refrigerator on the side of the door is 65. The freezer works fine. How can I reset the temperature back to 37 degrees?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My food is getting warm and would like to reset the temp ASAP....HELP !!! :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You have an air flow issue, either due to a faulty fan motor or a defrost issue. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The freezer which is located in the bottom of the refrigerator works fine. I hear something working in the freezer and I do see frost inside the freezer. Like I said, the freezer works fine just the refrigerator portion is not working.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You have a defrost problem. If you open the doors and unplug it for 24 hours, it will thaw and cooling restore. However, you will need to determine what part in the defrost circuit has failed. Do you have a meter to test with and are you comfortable testing electrical components?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have called a GE technician to come to my home and fix the problem tomorrow. This is ridiculous. The fridge is less than a year old. How pathetic. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you allow it to thaw it will restore cooling for about a week if he cannot get out tomorrow.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!