Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

John, , I have an icmaker model 150 dlss, it makes ice and

Customer Question

John, hi, I have an icmaker model 150 dlss, it makes ice and the ice sheet grows and grows and do not fall into the hot grill, when I force the sheet of ice into the grill it is not hot and doesnot cot the ice in cubes. Do I have a bad conection somewhere?
Robert
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I do not suspect just a bad connection but also a dirty evaporator plate. If you have not cleaned it and regularly clean it, minerals build up on the plate and will not allow the ice sheet to fall onto the cutting grid. The cutting grid is most likely to have a broken wire, usually right where they make the bend. Does it appear intact? When was the machine cleaned last?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly
I regulary clean the compresor and the lower part of the icemaker. The plate seams to be clean. I supose there most be something that realese the ice sheet when it reaches the thinkness you preset: i do not understNd how this works.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the valve allows hot gas to flood the evaporator to release the ice. Do you use a professional ice cleaner to flush the system, though? That needs to be done a couple times per year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I know that the valve of hot gas is working? where is that valve located, Where can I get the drawings, the blue prints or the manual?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The hot gas valve is part of the sealed system and the only way to test it is to tap the system. This will require professional on site repair. The complete service manual for your unit is available below.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/tdctpb56f708f3d/VUIM150_Service_Manual.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly
I did wash and cleaned every thing, wires etc. I put the ice maker to work and it make ice, but it did it continually making a thicker sheet of ice and did not stop until the water in the bin was exhausted. I put the machine off. It never release the ice into the hot grid (it was not hot)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I suspect the valve will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can I buy the valve? Does it need a professional to change it?
Many thanks for your answers
Robert
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It will need to be professionally repaired, it requires specialized training and equipment to recover the refrigerant and recharge it. It also requires a federal license to obtain the refrigerant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many Thanks!!!
Robert
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you!