John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Having an issue with my maytag neptune

Customer Question

having an issue with my maytag neptune
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
What seems to be the problem with your washer and do you have a model number? The model should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MAH7500AWW
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok perfect, and what seems to be the issue with your washer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced bearing/seals. reassembles and ran unit. unfortunately I had left out the drum seal and water ran straight to the floor. I disassembled to get to the drum, replaced the drum seal and reassembled. When I restarted it gave me a speed indication error. I unplugged, waited, replugged and same result. I opened up the bottom and made sure no boards, connectors were wet, retried, same result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that the first time I started up the unit (without seal) it ran for a couple minutes with no errors.Just water....
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I'm going to top out of this question. I never recommend replacing the bearing/seals separately as they are not intended to be replaced without the entire outer tub. There are so many things you could have done incorrectly that I couldn't begin to track down a speed problem after replacing the bearing. Good luck