John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an LG LRSC26941ST refrigerator that is no longer cooling.

Customer Question

I have an LG LRSC26941ST refrigerator that is no longer cooling. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So the first thing you need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the screws going into the lower back panel inside the freezer. Remove the lower back panel and what does the frost/ice look like on the silver evaporator coils? Are the coils packed with frost from top to bottom?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are no screws on the inside panel. But if I push on it, it sounds like there is ice built up behind he panel. Is there another way of removing the panel?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If there are no screws then you just pull everything out, pull all the shelves and rails out, and remove the light cover. The back panel will just be clipped in all the way around the edges which you pull on to unclip them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do now.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Ok just let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot get the panel off. It has arrows pointing to the left and right near the top and bottom sides of the panel. It won't budge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would a photo help?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Those arrows are where the clips are. You can slide a flat head screwdriver into these slots and pry to help unclip them.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
good luck again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no can do. won't budge. just making a mess of it. damaging the area surrounding the back panel. does the ice maker have to come out too? and...a strange noise came from the back as I was working in there. like something trying to run.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
noise was not there before. but gone now.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
sorry if you're having difficulties just removing the back panel I don't feel comfortable moving forward so I'm going to open out and if someone else can help you that will chime in. I wish you only the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.