Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I HAVE A MAYTAG WASHER MOD mav208daww basket doesnot spin and

Customer Question

I HAVE A MAYTAG WASHER MOD mav208daww basket doesnot spin and cannot get it out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you remove the softener cup, you will see a 1/2" bolt down in the center of it. That comes out to allow the agitator to pull out. Once the agitator has been removed, there are six bolts that secure the basket to the drive hub. The top cover assembly, number 6 in the diagram at the URL below, will need to come off first. It just snaps into place.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00005637/680/900
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!