John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE combination microwave and oven. the microwave works

Customer Question

I have a GE combination microwave and oven. the microwave works and all of the electronics seem to be working on both units. however, neither the upper or the lower elements are coming on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, do you happen to have the model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. no model number is ***** It is a combination of an and microwave. I don't believe GE makes a lot of varieties of this combination. I don't believe it is a problem with the elements being burned out since both of them stopped working at exactly the same time.

I would agree it's not the elements. About how old is this combination? There's really only a couple things that would cause this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the unit is approx 8 years old. the digital pad indicates the oven is on and everything appears to be normal except no heating or boiling is occurring.