Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Ge microwave shows an F3 signal and a loud noise why ?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
F3 is a very straight forward error for GE microwaves. It means there is an internal short in the touch control pad and the only way to stop the beeping for now is to unplug the microwave and then order and replace the touch control panel. Once the touchpad has been replaced the error F3 will go away and the microwave should work normally again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?