Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag dishwasher mdbh979sam1 all lights off on control panel.

Customer Question

maytag dishwasher mdbh979sam1 all lights off on control panel. If cycle circuit breaker on/off, then 5 lights flash twice, then all lights stay off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If all the lights on the control panel will flash twice, that means that your control board is definitely getting power and operating. Unfortunately that means your touch control panel has failed. The entire touch control panel would need to be ordered and replaced to resolve this issue and the part is about $175 so below is a link to the part you'll want to order and replace. It's all plug and play and easy to replace if you're handy. The link is from a place that allows returns which is a great option to have when all you can do on is a flashing error code and you can't actually test the part to be 100% certain the board isn't just throwing a false error. Either way, below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for touch control panel We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To replace and install, are we talking several screws and some wire connections ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Correct. It's all fairly straight forward. If you flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and open the door, you can remove all the the screws going down vertically around the border of the inner door liner. The door will split apart and you can remove the control panel. Separate the board and door latch from the touch control panel and unplug the wire harness coming from the touchpad plugged into the board and then just re-install everything on the new touch control panel and swap out the control panel. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?