Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My RV has a Norcold model 1200LRIM refrigerator, year model

Customer Question

My RV has a Norcold model 1200LRIM refrigerator, year model 2005. The freezer gets to 5 degrees, and occasionally the refrigerator section gets to 42 degrees, bot most of the time 46 to 50 degrees. I have cleaned the propane burner and the flame seems to be correct. The refrigerator is also level. I believe that there is rust in the heat chamber that is not allowing the refrigerant to absorb the heat properly. I think the thermostats are working properly since the burner never cycles off. I can not find any other problem that could be the trouble.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The vent pipe is likely plugged either with some rust or other debris. That is very common. Starting at the top vent cap on the roof or side of the RV, inspect and clean the vent. Does it change the behavior?