Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ge top loading washing machine drum is skewed to one side

Customer Question

my ge top loading washing machine drum is skewed to one side and wobbles during spin cycle making it unstable. we just moved and didn't use a stabilizing rod. Is there a way to adjust the drum to center it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like one of your shocks may have just come out of socket. It's possible you actually need to replace one of the shocks if it broke when moving but below is a video on how to take the washer apart to check the shocks and replace them if needed. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?