Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a whirlpool gas range model GW 397 LXUS05. Cooktop

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gas range model GW 397 LXUS05. Cooktop works oven does not. We have replaced the touch pad and the control board.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We purchased new whirlpool parts and installed. Don't know what we should do next.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the control has been replaced and the electric is working, the issue is likely with the igniter, number 21 in the diagram at the URL below. When you start the oven, what exactly happens? Can you see a glow from under the oven bottom?
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/82/00000428/680/900
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens, like I said, nothing lites up electrically. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Once we've replaced everything, and put it all back together, plugged it back in, turned the breaker back on. Nothing happens. The clock nor none of the controls panel lights up. It's like its dead.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** now. Do the top burners spark to light, though?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I know you said the top burners worked, I just wasn't sure if you had to light them manually. If they spark to light, there is a thermal fuse in line with the power to the clock. If that opens, the clock (oven control) will not get power. I suspect that is the issue if the top burners spark to ignite.
That thermal fuse is shown as number 32 in the diagram at the URL below and is mounted on the back of the oven.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/82/00000191/680/900
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Switch-Limit/74010904/1188494?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=7450p03060?rcaid=1000054
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!