Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When I start dishwasher it runs but does not pump water into

Customer Question

When I start dishwasher it runs but does not pump water into the unit to wash dishes Model # ***** built in, installed 11/20/2010
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front left corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Remove the screws in back of the plastic cover and remove the cover to expose the float device Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve.Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?