Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore ultra wash quiet guard3 dishwasher. I came

Customer Question

i have a kenmore ultra wash quiet guard3 dishwasher. I came down stairs the other morning and found the start light flashing red , the heated dry and normal wash buttons on solid red and water sitting in the bottom of my machine. i first did the reset sequence, it didn"t work.i then cleaned out the water and small debris stuck in the grinder blade. i put the unit back together did the heated dry/ normal wash reset sequence again, still nothing. now, every time i did the reset all the lights came on solid red except for the clean and sanitize buttons, they come on green? and all the lights just stay on , no reset. anybody familiar with this? the last thing i want to do is have to call sears. they have totally screwed me in the past with no- shows, robo no show calls hours before they're supposed to arrive, after i've taken time off from work and waited and finally the best. a technician shows not certified in what needs fixing, only to tell me i have to make another appointment.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
is the start button still continuously flashing? And will the water drain out if you cancel the cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it flashes until i press cancel. and the water didn't drain't the dishwasher did nothing i had to shop vac the water out to work on it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so The start light flashing is actually an error code and means that your touch control panel has failed. Try to flip the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the controls will reset. You already tried the reset sequence and that didn't work. The other thing is that you shouldn't be able to press cancel to stop the start from blinking and all the lights shouldn't go solid after going through the reset sequence if your touch pad has really failed. That means that your control board itself is actually bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, i'll try the circuit breaker again. after that it's the control board then,ok. just asking how much are they? and are they hard to replace?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That depends on the model number but usually the part is between $110-200. And they are located inside the door and very easy to replace.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem but I'm sorry about the bad news.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?