Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refrigerator has a water and ice dispenser. Water is pouring

Customer Question

My refrigerator has a water and ice dispenser. Water is pouring from the water dispencer. I have a service appointment scheduled for Thursday. But by then I will be swimming in the kitchen or in the hosoital because I fell on the wet floor. help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If water just keeps pouring out the dispenser, you'll need to first open the door and see if the water stops. if so then you know that your switch is sending power to the water valve when it shouldn't and you can just unplug the wire harness that runs through the top or bottom door hinge to stop the water. Other than that if the water doesn't stop, turn the water off to the refrigerator coming from the house. Usually the shut off is behind the refrigerator so you'll need to pull the refrigerator forward to shut it off in most cases.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?