Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Calypso washer will not drain. Why? I put it on express wash and turned it on. You can

Customer Question

My Calypso washer will not drain. Why? I put it on express wash and turned it on. You can here the water going into the tub, then it starts to wash. About 15 seconds into wash mode, an alarm goes off and it stops. Water doesn't cycle out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So it might seem obvious but you have a problem with your drain pump or a clog in the drain pump. They have redesigned this drain pump 3 times because of issues, and even the new one isn't perfect so just keep that in mind. The best way to fix this issue is to tip the machine backwards. Remove the screws near the front holding the bottom panel on. After that the drain pump is located just under the tub near the middle. Remove the drain pump and see if anything is jammed in the pump and if not then replace the drain pump. Here is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for drain pump We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the link didn't go through so here is a link to the pump again. CLICK HERE for drain pump
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?