Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a DF606DC 60inch Wolf Stove and the spark igniter light

Customer Question

I have a DF606DC 60inch Wolf Stove and the spark igniter light the stove but the clicking sound when its trying to light the stove stays on and ideas??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Your range uses what is called a Flame Rectification System. The moisture from the flame creates a path to ground between the igniter and the area it sparks to. That is how the module knows when a burner is lit and will stop sparking. I suspect that there is an issue with that path to ground. With sand paper or emery cloth, clean each igniter tip and the area it sparks to until very shiny and clean. That will likely stop the sparking once the burner has lit. If you still have issues after cleaning, the spark module will probably need to be replaced.