John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The final minute of the estimated time remaining on my Maytag

Customer Question

The final minute of the estimated time remaining on my Maytag front load washer (Model MFW9700SQ1) takes much longer than a minute--sometimes 30 minutes or more longer. What is causing this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
The last 1 minutes of the end of the cycle the unit is or should be tumbling back and fourth to allow the clothing to come loose from the inner drum after the high speed spin.
It could be that if the load is light weight clothing that it is not sensing that the clothing have come loose or that the clothing is still clinging to the inside of the inner drum.
Can you see inside the drum to see if the clothing is loose and tumbling in the inner drum ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going from memory here. Problem occurs before the washer goes into the final high speed spin. After it goes into the final high speed spin, it does the back and forth slow movement as you suggested.
ok so ifs the unit stalling before the spin action you would be around the 10-9 min mark that is where the spin mode starts.
so is it during the spin or on the tumbling action that it is stalling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again, going from memory, there's just of back/forth period of slow spin and tumbling that goes on for a long time when the "estimated time remaining" says 1 minute. After a long time, the washer finally goes into a faster spin and the cycle will end shortly after that.
ok and you need to look inside the drum when this is happening to tell what is going on .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not doing any laundry at the moment, so I can't verify your thoughts. I just know that this happens on all types of loads from lightweight items to heavy bath towels.
ok so you need to see if when it has stalled are the clothes loose from the inner drum and tumbling or are they clinging to the inside of the inner drum ?
Then we can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind then. I won't be doing anymore laundry until later this week. No more assistance needed.
so just copy and save this conversations URL to your favorites and reply back later when you have the issue.
It is rather hard for me to assist you if all I get is from what I remember and not getting the exact facts.