Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Getting LE message on my LG dishwasher

Customer Question

getting LE message on my LG dishwasher
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So error LE means that the dishwasher thinks there is something wrong with the circulation motor. You will want to remove the bottom rack and take the pump apart from the top down to see if anything is jamming inside the pump or hitting the impeller or something like that. If you don't find any debris causing an issue with the pump running smoothly, the circulation pump itself would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my LG model is LDF7811ST and as I mentioned it starts the cycle and after two minutes it stops with that message. One time I had water up to the blade and next time no water and all drained but still got the LE message. Need more specific instructions please.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean, that doesn't change the answer I gave you. As for how to replace the pump and motor assembly below is a video CLICK HERE for pump and motor assembly video The part number you'd need to order and replace is 3485ED1002B and below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for part As for taking the pump apart to look for a blockage inside, just remove the bottom rack and start removing the screws going through the top cover and work your way down until you see a center circular impeller. Below is a video that shows you how to take the pump apart. CLICK HERE for video
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the video shows only the gasket replacement and doesn't show how to take the pump apart, is there another video?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You don't need to go any further than replacing the gasket. You can see the impeller which is the round white part in the middle. The pump isn't designed to come apart any further.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?