John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The Floater mechanism on my Maytag dishwasher(Model # *****)

Customer Question

The Floater mechanism on my Maytag dishwasher(Model # *****) is leaking underneath the front panel of the dishwasher. The floater mechanism appears to be connected to some sort of lever device under the front end of the dishwasher. This lever device is where the eater is dripping. Can I repair this? If so, how?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
please explain this statement for me .I do not understand it(This lever device is where the eater is dripping.)
Are you saying the Heater is dripping?
or do you mean water is coming out of the float shaft hole and dripping down on to the water lave switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water is coming out of the float shaft hole and dripping down...
ok check you lower spray arm to make sure all the holes are clear of debris ,that can cause the water to be forced out sideways and not up.
And if you remove the small nut on the float shaft you can then lift the float assembly right up and out of the dishwasher.
Clean the underside of it ,they can start to accumulate detergent deposits under the float and this causes the float to be heavier then normal and that will cause the unit to fill up with more water then it should be thus making the water lever able to come up over the top of that tube.
And when you have the float out look close at that tube if could have a crack in it causing it to leak.
Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, but I won't get a look at it until later today...
ok no problem !To day I`m online until 5:30 pm EST