Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a Litton Model 1285 Microwave with a fuse. I

Customer Question

I have a Litton Model 1285 Microwave with a blown fuse. I could not get the top, sides and bottom sheet metal off despite taking off about 30 hex head screws and the front door and hinges. How do you get at the interior of this unit?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The top sides and the bottom case seem to be attached at the bottom with about 6 hex head screws but there are additional screws at the back of the unit which I also removed (once the plastic back of the unit was removed). Despite removing all visible screws, the case will not disassemble from the chassis to reveal the electronics inside.
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.
Normally the front top and sides at the front are pushed into the front frame ( the top and sides have "grooves" that slide in. Lift the back up slightly and pull it out loose from the front.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom: I know that is normally how the case comes off the chassis. This Litton unit has the case sheet metal wrapping around the bottom as well. I was hoping to find someone who had actually worked on a unit like this or someone that had a service manual with an exploded parts diagram to help.