John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a ge refrigerator model# ***** SR# *****

Customer Question

I have a ge refrigerator model# ***** SR# ***** Top freezer is working
but the fridge is not cooling. Technician came a while ago and said he cant do it. It needs fuel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
If the freezer works, you are not low on freon. The first thing you'd need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the screws going into the back panel of the freezer. Remove the back panel inside the freezer and is the fan running inside the freezer behind the back panel? If so, what does the frost look like on the silver evaporator coils? Are the coils completely packed with frost? Lightly frosted from top to bottom? Some frost on top but not on bottom? etc...