Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Smart Drive 9 Excellence 5.5. The machine does not

Customer Question

We have a Smart Drive 9 Excellence 5.5. The machine does not fill up with cold water and shuts down electronically after a couple of grunts. We usually only use cold water. I have cleaned the filter on the tap end but at the machine end there is a blue 'filter type' arrangement that looks like it should come out but only screws around by hand. Any thoughts?
Terry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number? it should be located on a sticker on the back of the control panel on the far left. Also, lets see if you're getting an error code. With the machine off, press and hold the Wash Temp Down button and then push the power button until the machine gives 2 short beeps and lights up. Now press the Spin Speed Up button three times so that the Hold and Slow LEDs are illuminated.The eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We have GW509NZ DRL557.919. Tried looking for error code. Think it worked and got first and seventh to light up.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect, that error code means your cold water valve has failed. You just need to replace the cold water valve and you'll be good to go again if you're sure you have cold water coming to the washer from your house. To access the valve, open the lid at a 45 degree angle and then the lid will just yank straight off. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the control panel and unplug the washer. Turn the water off to the washer and unscrew the water lines. Pull the control panel off and you have access to the valves inside for replacement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and I wish you only the best.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?