MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Maytag IntelliDry dryer -

Customer Question

Maytag IntelliDry dryer - No exhaust air. Exhaust dust is clean. Filter in dryer is clean. Is there a fan that has stopped working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
model#?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MDE9606AYW
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
I assume the dryer tumbles. The blower wheel has either broken or come loose as it just clamps on the motor shaft. I can usually put a small hose clamp on the blower to fix this, but you will obviously see what is possible once you look at it. The front comes off by removing the 2 screws at the bottom area and pulls forward then off. Access the blower by taking off the member that supports the drum front.
Your heater may have blown a thermal fuse with no air flow, so that may need to be replaced too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Post back if you need anything else on this. thanks
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a rating from you on this. is anything else needed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My rating for the answer is zero. The disassembly necessary to get to the blower required removing 2 screws from each side of the door, then pulling back the front sides/bottom, and lifting off them off. Next, removing two (2) side braces (4 screws), removing two (2) screws holding the air duct, and removing the air duct in order to see the blower. The blower was attached firmly and rotated as the drum rotated.
Since your original instructions were not accurate and your credibility shot, asking you what else could be the problem was not advisable.
I am not satisfied and want ALL my money back.