Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have the ge model APE DOOR; 29414127620P. The control

Customer Question

Hi, I have the ge model APE DOOR; 29414127620P. The control buttons are unresponsive; the lock light is not on; so it is not locked. The delay is stuck on 8 hrs.UGH!! All the lights are on for the appropriate wash, but I cannot get the delay to go away.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, have you tried unplugging it or flipping the breaker off for 5-10 minutes? That may reset the control. If that does not reset the control, the touch pad is going to be the culprit. The delay button should respond. It sounds like the delay button is either stuck or shorted.
Unfortunately, the touch pad will need to be replaced. If it's new, the repair would be covered under warranty. Hopefully unplugging it will reset it.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is a built in dishwasher; where is the plug?

Usually under the sink. Some are hard wired in. For those you have to flip the 20 amp breaker labeled DW to shut off the power.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I flipped the breaker and it worked!!!Yay..it's running. Thanks, dear.

Awesome! You're most welcome. Happy to help.
Thank you