Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My ice maker isn't working. It appears to have 'frozen up',

Customer Question

My ice maker isn't working. It appears to have 'frozen up', i.e. there was a big chuck of ice that looked like it was stopping up things. I broke it away, but no ice has come out since. The part that turns still works, so I'm wondering if the water line can be frozen??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The water line can indeed be frozen. The easiest way to tell is to remove the water line from the inlet valve on the back of the cabinet that leads up to the ice maker. Can you blow through that line? If not, it is frozen inside the freezer and will need to be thawed. If you can, then the water inlet valve will most likely need to be replaced. Let me know what you find.